Yikes, don't skip lunch

I did a silly thing yesterday.  I had so many meetings at work that I missed lunch.  That's certainly happened to me before, but never while pregnant.  However, I was so busy that I didn't even feel hungry, so things were going swimmingly.

I began conducting some project management training in the afternoon, and took a quick break a couple hours in to run to the vending machines and get myself a package of Pop Tarts.  (I know, my poor baby... I swear I'll never do this again.)  I ate the Pop Tarts during the break and continued training, all while standing up.  Well, lo and behold, I suddenly came extremely close to passing out.  I'm talking about ears ringing, things starting to go black, breaking out in a cold sweat... all that good stuff.  All while standing in front of a huge room of people, so add some slight panic on top of it all.  Oh man, what a situation.  Luckily it was right before another break, so I let people go for ten minutes and I sat down, regaining my composure.

So I learned my lesson.  Mom, if you're reading this, I promise I learned my lesson.  No more skipping lunch, no matter what, and definitely not while I'm pregnant.  It had worse consequences than I expected, and still ended better than it could have, luckily.

1 comments:

Andrea January 25, 2011 at 2:03 AM  

:-)

A woman's errors are her portals of discovery. ~James Joyce

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    The '30 before 30' project

    1. Learn a new piano piece
    2. Complete the Couch-to-5K running plan
    3. Take Hip Hop dance lessons
    4. Fully develop my blogging persona
    5. Find a new hairstyle I like that's not a ponytail
    6. Spring clean my house
    7. Read a total of ten books from TIME's Top 100 list
    8. Get all dressed up and have a fancy, romantic date with my husband
    9. Complete Pimsleur Italian I
    10. Clean off Nan's desk in the corner and make it a proper writing space
    11. Buy new lingerie that is hot, hot, hot
    12. Weed the front flower bed and keep it weedless
    13. Go clothes shopping once per season
    14. Finally read the manual for my camera
    15. Buy a pair of TOMS
    16. Open savings accounts and Roth IRAs for our kids
    17. Take my mom and sister to a live musical
    18. Get down to my pre-kids weight
    19. (Re-)Learn ten constellations
    20. Bake cookies with my oldest daughter
    21. Have a Glee marathon / sleepover with my sister
    22. Go geocaching
    23. Release a book into the wild
    24. Walk / Run / Bike for charity
    25. Take my lunch to work four times a week for a month
    26. Update our very outdated household monthly budget
    27. Mail at least one greeting card to a family member or friend every month
    28. Get another family photo taken
    29. Visit my family (Mom, Dad, siblings) more than I do now
    30. Take in tasty treats to work for my 30th

    On my nightstand

    Labels