'30 before 30' #4: ITMillennial.com is born

So, I love to write. And blogging is one of the best ways to do that, because you have the potential to acquire quite an audience, for free (or very low cost).  Starting this blog has been a great outlet, particularly to keep in touch with and provide updates to friends and family.  So I wondered, could this become a popular "Mom Blog" out there?

The answer I quickly discovered was no.  In order to spend enough time with a blog that it becomes even marginally popular, it has to be part of (or at least related to) your full-time job.  And being a Mommy is my part-time night job, so it just wasn't going to work.

But my full-time job is IT management.  Hmm.... IT management....


With some inspiration and encouragement from Pete, I introduce: ITMillennial.com.  I'm going to give it a good try for a year.  See if I stick with it and if it gains any traction.  But I'm pretty pumped.  So I'll continue to have Saying Our Nevers for family and friends, and IT Millennial will be more anonymous and professional.

If you'd like to join me on my IT Millennial journey, there are three different ways to do that:

  1. Subscribe to the RSS feed
  2. Follow ITMillennial in Twitter
  3. "Like" the IT Millennial Facebook page

I'd love to have you there.  :)

2 comments:

mnyce June 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

Awesome, Fallon!! IT'll be great!

Fallon June 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

hahah, thanks Mom! (Also, you made a funny! :-D )

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    The '30 before 30' project

    1. Learn a new piano piece
    2. Complete the Couch-to-5K running plan
    3. Take Hip Hop dance lessons
    4. Fully develop my blogging persona
    5. Find a new hairstyle I like that's not a ponytail
    6. Spring clean my house
    7. Read a total of ten books from TIME's Top 100 list
    8. Get all dressed up and have a fancy, romantic date with my husband
    9. Complete Pimsleur Italian I
    10. Clean off Nan's desk in the corner and make it a proper writing space
    11. Buy new lingerie that is hot, hot, hot
    12. Weed the front flower bed and keep it weedless
    13. Go clothes shopping once per season
    14. Finally read the manual for my camera
    15. Buy a pair of TOMS
    16. Open savings accounts and Roth IRAs for our kids
    17. Take my mom and sister to a live musical
    18. Get down to my pre-kids weight
    19. (Re-)Learn ten constellations
    20. Bake cookies with my oldest daughter
    21. Have a Glee marathon / sleepover with my sister
    22. Go geocaching
    23. Release a book into the wild
    24. Walk / Run / Bike for charity
    25. Take my lunch to work four times a week for a month
    26. Update our very outdated household monthly budget
    27. Mail at least one greeting card to a family member or friend every month
    28. Get another family photo taken
    29. Visit my family (Mom, Dad, siblings) more than I do now
    30. Take in tasty treats to work for my 30th

    On my nightstand

    Labels